January 7, 2021 | G2XchangeHealth
“Saliense, a leading provider of strategic technology-based solutions, today announced Craig Schaefer as Director within the company’s Strategy practice where Schaefer will oversee operations and delivery of strategic solutions for the company’s federal customers including the Air Force Medical Readiness Agency.”
“Prior to joining Saliense, Schaefer served as program manager for the Department of Defense (DoD) Healthcare Management System Modernization program office where he provided acquisition leadership and management expertise to support the deployment of the state-of-the-market electronic health record, MHS GENESIS.”
“In 2018, Schaefer was recognized by Federal Computer Week magazine in Federal 100 Awards for his role in the acquisition and implementation of MHS GENESIS, including the translation of DoD healthcare data into national standards, ensuring interoperability with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), federal agencies, and private sector – an essential feature for the military and veterans. His previous roles included Program Manager for the Joint Program Executive Office of the Joint Tactical Radio System; Management positions at Booz Allen Hamilton; Project Manager of the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increments 2 and 3, U.S. Army Program Executive Office, Tactical Command Control Communications; and the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology at Headquarters, Department of the Army G-8, Program Analysis and Evaluation.”
“Craig’s demonstrated leadership experience and expertise in the federal healthcare sector make him a tremendous asset to our team and our clients,” said Nikita Singh, Saliense president and CEO. “We are proud to welcome him to the Saliense family.”
“It’s an exciting time to join this fast-growing company,” said Schaefer. “Their reputation for innovative solutions and top-notch client service aligned with my professional ideals and I look forward to working alongside this dynamic team as we solve complex problems.”
“Mr. Schaefer received his Master of Arts in Computer Resources and Information Management from Webster University, and his Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Ripon College. He graduated from the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and completed the Defense Acquisition University’s Program Manager course. Mr. Schaefer holds his Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Program Management Level III Certification and received the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal (three), the Army Commendation Medal (two) and the Joint Commendation Medal.”
Saliense is an SBA 8(a) Certified, Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), specialized in providing Management and Technology services to Federal and Commercial customers. Our brand value lies in our ability to balance the authenticity and agility of a small business with quality and strategic foresight of a large firm. With each project, Saliense goes beyond simply providing services, and focuses on building holistic solutions by blending Strategy, Technology, and Domain expertise to achieve service excellence.”
Source: DOD Healthcare IT Strategist Craig Schaefer Joins Saliense, January 6, 2021, Saliense.
G2X TAKE: Looking to build on their growing portfolio of work in support of MHS and the Defense Health Agency, Saliense, a rapidly emerging provider of strategic technology-based solutions, recently added another former DHMSM leader to the team – Craig Schaefer, as they look to take advantage of his experience providing leadership and management for the acquisition, modernization, and deployment of DOD’s electronic health record, MHS GENESIS.
- This hire comes on the heels of Saliense adding former PEO Defense Healthcare Management System (DHMS) Chief Engineer and recent Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic Data Science & Analytics Competency Manager Heather Burke this past Fall to serve as a new Director within its Technology Practice; and adding former GSA Sr. Cyber Advisor Victor Florido as a new Cyber Security Director.
- Over the past few years Saliense has been quietly building out their past performance in support of the Defense Health Agency and Military Health Systems, to include serving as Prime on a 3-year DHA Program Management contract in support of integrating and sharing information on various structures across the enterprise and business transformation value chain; and as Prime on a 5-year BOA to provide management consulting services and support to the Air Force Medical Readiness Agency.
- Saliense was recently noted among Rising Federal Health/Civilian-focused Companies Recognized by Inc. for Astounding Growth.
- Led by Chief Everything Officer (CEO) Nikita Singh and Vice President Kartik Verma, Saliense and TIAG® recently announced SynergisT JV, a Mentor-Protégé Joint Venture under which Saliense is TIAG’s official Protégé in the SBA Mentor-Protégé Program. More here.
- Saliense lays claim to being able to support DOD across logistics, Healthcare or intelligence with experience that spans the full software development lifecycle to include, program management, enterprise architecture, systems engineering, testing, and cybersecurity. More here.